What is a CS:GO Private Rank?
CS:GO Private Rank is earned By playing on official game servers, players gain experience points to increase the player’s Private Rank. The first time the player ranks up in a week, the player also receives a weapon drop. Prior to Operation Hydra, the operation’s pass holders are eligible to receive rewards exclusive to the operation’s weapon collections during an active operation. Players participating in the Overwatch program also gain additional experience.
- The Private Rank was introduced with the Bloodhound Operation Update on May 27th, 2015. It enables the player to get a service medal on reaching the level 40 also reaching private rank 21 enables the user to upgrade to prime matchmaking as Valve puts it in another update. It has nothing to do with your Matchmaking Rank. It is based solely on the amount of XP you earned and thereby on the time you invested in playing the game. You cannot rank down on your Profile Rank.
- You will get a random in-game drop on completing 1 private rank per week.
- The Private Rank of 2 (used to be private rank 3 before) or higher is needed to play competitive matchmaking. Also a CS:GO Private Rank 21 or higher is needed for Prime Account Matchmaking.
- Private rank has no connection with cs go rank (silver – the global elite)
The amount of XP the player earns at the end of a game is determined by player performance during the game, applied through the game mode’s multiplier. Excluding competitive matches, this multiplier uses the player’s score. The competitive multiplier uses the player’s won rounds during a match. Additionally, the multiplier is always rounded down to the nearest decimal. The maximum amount of experience points that a player can earn in casual mode is 1,000.
Weekly XP Bonus
The weekly bonus XP is a 5,000 XP points as a bonus when a player finishes a round. The first 3,500 XP is awarded as a bonus of 3x the amount of XP the player gains in the round. The rest 1,500 XP is awarded as a 1x bonus. The bonus XP is not awarded further if all 5,000 XP were redeemed during a week.
How to earn XP with cs go Over Watch feature?
Overwatch is only enabled if You have 150+ csgo wins and a rank which is or above cs go gold nova rank, in an overwatch session the player is required to watch the game demo of the suspected cheater (reported by players who played competitive matchmaking with him) the identity is kept secret. once the player finishes watching the game he is given an option to review the game (he is hacking or not) and it looks like this,
if u successfully confirmed the guilt of a suspect cheater, the player will gain an Overwatch XP Reward. It will be first notified to the player on the main menu, and the Investigator will redeem the reward of 195 XP the next time they finish a match on an official server.
Earning more XP with Missions
Every few months valve introduces new missions
The operations are in the following order from the latest to obsolete.
- May 23, 2017 – Nov 13, 2017 Operation Hydra
- Feb 17, 2016 – Jul 15, 2016, Operation Wildfire
- May 26, 2015 – Oct 01, 2015 Operation Bloodhound
- Nov 11, 2014 – Mar 31, 2015 Operation Vanguard
- Jul 01, 2014 – Oct 02, 2014 Operation Breakout
- Feb 20, 2014 – Jun 11, 2014, Operation Phoenix
- Sep 19, 2013 – Feb 05, 2014 Operation Bravo
- Apr 25, 2013 – Aug 31, 2013 Operation Payback
New Operations no longer give players item drops. Instead, they award XP points to the player, and players with Operation passes who rank up during the Operation are then eligible for Operation exclusive item drops.
Increasing CS:GO Private Rank up-to 40 enables you to get cs:go service medal, you get a different coloured service medal each time you rank-up to private rank 40
For more information on CS:GO service medals – CS:GO Service Medal Guide